Backend Engineer applications are open on a rolling basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Backend Engineer to join our dynamic, product-led company. This is a role for an ambitious individual, who is motivated by the unparalleled upside of joining a growing tech start-up.
The Company & Product 🏢
Guider is on a mission to power a billion inspirational conversations. Our vision is to create the best personal development platform for employees worldwide, with mentoring and coaching at its core.
We’re supporting global brands to implement effective and scalable programmes to help their people grow and develop. Our B2B SaaS platform connects the best mentors in organisations with those looking to learn and grow, creating an impactful culture of knowledge sharing and self-improvement.
We're already working with some of the world's best-known brands to help them develop their people, including Marks & Spencer, Clyde & Co, LVMH, and EY. Here are a couple of case studies showing the impact we are having!
The Role 👤
- Help us create simple and elegant solutions to deliver a reliable platform that is loved by its many users/stakeholders
- Create a culture of learning, action, and autonomy
- Provide experience, leadership, and mentorship to your team members
- You will be working within an Agile team, contributing to daily scrums, sprint planning, and estimations.
Required technical skills/knowledge (preferably) 🔍
- Node.js and its frameworks (Express)
- REST (OpenAPI)
- unit tests (Jest)
- version control systems (Git)
Skills and experience 🤹
At Guider we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment. Here are some of the things we think will be valuable:
- Commercial development experience, ideally within a SaaS-based organisation or development agency
- Experience working on cloud-native applications
- Writing reusable, testable, modular, and efficient code
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Desire to learn new technologies and ideas about how we do things better
- Ease for solving both real-world and technical problems
- Enthusiasm for teamwork, collaboration
- Passion for learning and your own professional development
- Familiarity with cross-functional product teams
Bonus points for ⭐️
- Valid certifications from a large cloud provider
- Experience with the mobile app development lifecycle
- Experience working with SSO
- Experience working in remote and/or startup teams
You will be part of an investor backed tech start-up shaping the future of personal development. We're a fast growing team who are passionate about mentoring and people.
Guider cares deeply about helping the technology industry become a more inclusive and diverse place, and we work hard to lead by example.
What we offer you:
- We finish early on Friday afternoon, every week. Longer weekends!
- Unlimited Holidays. No catch. We expect you to take as many as you need.
- WeWork Offices: Our HQ is next to Liverpool St Station in a WeWork.
- Free drinks: Beer on Tap, soft drinks, tea & Coffee
- Barista: Every day, 9am-3pm, all free
- Your choice of equipment
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Monthly remote and IRL socials with your awesome colleagues
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are always on the lookout for high potential Backend Engineers to join our growing team. Applications to this position are open on a rolling basis.